Skip to content

Non-Standard Home Insurance

Personal Insurance

CDC Insurance provide Non-Standard Home Insurance to those living in Broadstairs, Kent or nation-wide.

A non-standard house is a property built out of materials that are rarely used to construct houses. A standard house in the UK is made out of brick or stone, with a roof made from tile or slate.

Non-Standard Home Insurance requires in-depth research in order to put together a policy that meets your home’s needs. For example, if you own a property that is Grade II or Grade II* listed then repair costs can be much higher due to materials required or specific expertise of a master tradesperson.

Non Standard Home Insurance Cover

There are so many examples of what kind of situations non standard home insurance cover. We’ve listed below the most common ones:

  • Homes at risk of flooding, or have experienced flooding before
  • Homes that are listed buildings, as they require extra regulations
  • If your property is very expensive it may require a specialised policy
  • Your home has previously experienced subsidence (sinking foundation)
  • The property owner has a criminal conviction
  • The property owner has gone bankrupt

Non standard building materials

Non standard home insurance is useful for homes or properties that are built and constructed with non traditional building materials. These materials are either expensive or considered more likely to experience faults than standard ones. Below is a list of none standard building materials or practices for UK homes:

  • Steel frames
  • Timber frames
  • Fibreglass
  • Asbestos
  • Shingle
  • Flint or Slate
  • Concrete
  • Glass
  • Corrugated iron
  • Plastic
  • Asphalt
  • Thatched Roofs
  • Flat Roofs
  • Pre-fabricated homes

Has your property been constructed with the above materials or structure types? Consider reaching out to the CDC Insurance team for advice and guidance on the best insurance for your situation.

Non Standard Home Insurance Exclusions

This type of insurance policy only covers the structure of your property, it does not cover it’s contents, you will need a contents insurance policy to cover the below:

  • Electronics
  • Furniture
  • Carpets
  • Clothes
Non Standard Home Insurance

Get a quote for a non-standard home insurance policy

Fill out the form below and our team will get in touch with you shortly regarding your free non-standard home insurance quote. Alternatively, email us via or call us on 01843 861251.

    Related Insurance Policies

    Our Customers

    Website designed by I DO MARKETING